From academic year 2013 the government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. In 2017/18 school received £17,780 to support school sport and will receive £19,900 in 2018/19.
We are using it to:
- deliver a high quality PE curriculum to all of the children in St John's
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with our teachers when teaching PE
- buy high quality resources for use in PE lessons
- pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- provide sporting after school clubs and enrichment sessions
- provide free holiday clubs
- provide cover to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- buy quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
For a list of after school provision, please see our most recent newsletter or clubs section on this website.
Evidence of what we have achieved with the funding can also be seen in the video on Clubs section of the website - Year in Sport 2015/16. http://www.stjohns.newcastle.sch.uk/website/a_year_in_sport_-_201516/252599